Complete haemorrhoid treatment and banding
Most people experience Haemorrhoids at some stage and most clear up with little intervention. Haemorrhoids that don’t clear up may require a visit to your doctor and in some cases, a minor procedure such as banding.
What to look out for
Haemorrhoids (or piles) are swellings that occur in the anus and lower rectum (back passage). Sometimes the veins inside become engorged with more blood than usual and form into one or more small swellings called Haemorrhoids .
Some common symptoms of Haemorrhoids include:
- Bleeding when passing bowel motions
- A mucous discharge, irritation and itching
- A sense of fullness in the anus
- Pain or discomfort, especially when sitting
- Itching or irritation around the anal region
- Swelling around the anus
- One or more lumps near the anus, which might be tender
Because some of these symptoms are similar to bowel cancer, it’s vital you see your doctor if you have any. If you require a procedure, your specialist will fully explain it so you know what to expect.